The Shubert Theatre is a Broadway theatre located at 225 West 44th Street in Midtown Manhattan, New York City.
Designed by architect Henry Beaumont Herts, it was named after Sam S. Shubert, the second oldest of the three brothers of the theatrical producing family. It shares a Venetian Renaissance facade with the adjoining Booth Theatre, which was constructed at the same time, although the two have distinctly different interiors. The two theatres are connected by a private road/sidewalk, "Shubert Alley". It opened on 21 October 1913 with the George Bernard Shaw play, Caesar and Cleopatra, staged by the Forbes-Robertson Repertory Company.
The theatre's longest tenant was A Chorus Line, which ran for 6,137 performances from 1975 to 1990 and set the record for longest running show in Broadway history. Later long runs have included Crazy for You (1992–1996), Chicago (1996–present, transferred in 2003 to the Ambassador Theatre), Spamalot (2005–2009) and Memphis (2009–2012). Other notable productions inlcude Oliver! (1964), A Little Night Music (1973); The Sunshine Boys (1973), Gypsy (2003) and Matilda the Musical (2013). The theatre has also been a returning venue for the Tony Awards.
The top floor of the building houses the offices of the Shubert Organization. The theatre's auditorium and murals were restored in 1996. It has been designated a New York City landmark.